The Coordinator of Corporate Sponsorship Development is responsible for assisting in all research and sales collateral creation for new sponsorship opportunities for Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The incumbent must be highly motivated with strong organizational and communication skills.
Brooklyn Events Center, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and create sales presentations and sales pieces for the purpose of revenue generation;
- Exercise creative skills based in marketing analysis;
- Ability to identify strategic growth for the Brooklyn Nets and Brooklyn Events Center through added inventory, platforms, and partners;
- Assist with the creation of new inventory ideas and activation concepts;
- Attend weekly sponsorship meetings;
- Ability to organize pending business and calls to set-up meetings;
- Assist with sponsorship research initiatives for consulting opportunities; and
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned;
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required;
2-4 years of research/marketing experience; and
Sports industry experience preferred.
- Must have intermediate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access);
- Must have strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Must have strong analytical skills;
- Must have a sales oriented personality;
- Must have strong presentation skills;
- Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Infrequent Traveler (< 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however may be expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other Barclays Center events on occasion.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position
Barclays Center - 18 months ago