Applicants not meeting all requirements may be considered for the position as a “trainee” at a reduced wage. Perform functions by coordinating efforts to control or mitigate risk-producing conditions and activities involving unsafe working conditions, employee incidents or injuries, customer or client claims against the organization, property damage, and related events; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by reducing losses to ensure protection of Gulfstream Goodwill’s assets and improving employee and customer relations, working within the limits of established policies.
1. Conduct investigations of safety related incidents and company asset loss situations. Ensure that incident reports are completed, analyzed and logged. Investigate incidents to determine the root cause of loss.
2. Respond and investigate incidents, disturbances and alarm calls during non-business hours (24 hours – 7 days), this includes unlawful intrusions, fires, injuries, property damage, etc.
3. Conduct or coordinate fire, safety, and security inspections to identify problems. Investigate, develop, and recommend solutions to problems in coordination with necessary members of management. Implement and follow up approved recommendations. Coordinate monthly emergency procedures and safety drills.
4. Facilitate New Hire Orientation. Train new hires to address the areas of safety and risk management. Train middle and line managers in the areas of safety, risk management, and incident reporting and investigation.
5. Coordinate and/or facilitate safety-training programs (such as body mechanics/lifting, etc.). Lead awareness campaign for risk management.
6. Assist Agency locations to identify safety and security hazards. Follow up in coordination with involved locations to ensure recommended solutions to problems are implemented. Assist in conducting random location inspections of personnel on the performance of their duties to identify hazards and safety violations. Conduct audits and work practice evaluations.
7. Facilitate responses to Equal Employment Opportunity and Employment Practices Liability claims as a backup to the Director of Safety & Risk Management. Monitor the administration of workers’ compensation and third-party claims with insurance adjusters from point of incident to ensure claims are processed closed in a timely manner.
8. Administer and process all requests for motor vehicle records, workers’ compensation background checks and drug testing. Review and follow up on results, notifying Human Resources when appropriate.
9. Perform OSHA recordkeeping. Maintain OSHA logs, generate and issue yearly OSHA 300As as well as submit claim information to the Bureau of Labor Statistics on an annual basis.
10. Create, develop, and maintains systems for timely and accurate recording of losses, claims, and other risk-related costs and experience factors. Prepare reports to others as appropriate. Recommend and document related policies or procedures to reduce incidents.
11. Ensure compliance with form submission and adherence to Safety and Risk Management policy.
12. Develop company safety newsletter, posters and signs.
13. Maintain daily vehicle maintenance checklists and report potential safety issues to the department leaders to be corrected.
14. Maintain reports, records and evidence, as well as create files in a complete and orderly manner.
15. Maintain a list of eligible drivers to include updated copies of employee driver’s license, automobile insurance and automobile registration as necessary.
16. Log and ensure that all applicable departments have conducted their monthly emergency procedures, monthly self-inspection checklist and monthly safety meetings.
17. Compile and maintain data from Safety suggestion boxes.
18. Assist with the purchase of safety supplies needed for this or other departments as instructed.
19. Attend monthly safety meetings and safety symposiums to record meeting minutes as well as location attendance.
20. Perform any range of special projects associated with the tracking, recording, audit, reconciliation, or compilation of data or transactions related to Safety and Risk Management, as directed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
Page 3 of 3
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field plus at least two (2) years working experience in the area of Worker’s Compensation, Claims Management, various related insurances and/or Risk Management.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Windows Operating System.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in the English language.
4. Ability to facilitate relevant trainings and presentation
5. Ability to work independently and exhibit strong assessment/analysis skills, good judgment, problem-solving skills and flexibility.
6. Valid Florida driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
7. Solid geographical knowledge of GGI’s five-county area.
1. General office environment
2. Frequent travel
3. Frequent walking, standing, stretching and bending
4. Occasional lifting and moving up to 25 pounds
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Safety Management Software Package, computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and other software programs, training materials, and standard office and safety equipment.
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Inc - 23 months ago