COORDINATOR OF STUDY ABROAD
(Advising): This position is primarily responsible for the student advising,
data management, and social (non-marketing) processes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Advise both undergraduate and graduate students in selection of study abroad
- Conduct information sessions and individual advising meetings as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and staff via phone and
- Supervise a Graduate Assistant (GA) dedicated to assisting this position.
- Manage application, screening, and selection processes for all study abroad
- Organize and conduct pre-departure orientations for all students.
- Evaluate and develop re-entry programming.
- Collect and share data from program evaluations.
- Maintain the office database and paper file systems of the Office of Study
Abroad with complete and accurate information about participants, partners, and
course articulations for the purposes of advising and credit evaluation.
- Interact with campus offices (Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar, Counseling,
Health Services, etc.) to ensure that student records are up to date and
- Generate reports for appropriate campus offices (registrar, bursar, etc.).
- Work directly with campus Financial Aid Office officer dedicated to study
- Process transcripts and work with faculty advisors to complete course
- Organize office literature for advising purposes.
- Act as primary liaison to international partners and act as intermediary when
- Oversee the Study Abroad Ambassadors program for returning students (a
service program connected to our scholarship award process).
- Advise the registered student organization, Study Abroad Society.
- Assist with other projects, as needed, at the request of the Director.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in related field. Must have studied, worked, or
lived abroad for an extended period of time. Advising experience. Strongly
Preferred: Experience in a study abroad office. Master's degree and some
Highly competitive applicants
will have excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills,
as well as the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time in a
START DATE: Anticipated start
date August 1, 2013.
SALARY: $32,040 to $34,800 annual
TO APPLY: Send cover letter,
resume and list of three professional references to Kelly Holland at email@example.com with subject “Study Abroad
Coordinator.” Applications will be
accepted through February 15, 2013. For more information on the Office of Study
Abroad, please visit our website: www.eiu.edu/edabroad/