WRNN-TV in Rye Brook, NY is looking for a copy writer to primarily write text stories for a hyper-local, breaking news website and perform other tasks as assigned. Your stories will complement the website’s current videos. The successful candidate will be computer-savvy, understand the immediacy of the web and be a team player who can communicate well with producers, editors and reporters.
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent writer and self-editor
- Excellent at applying grammar and style rules
- Able to work quickly and accurately, especially in breaking news situations
- Familiarity with NY/NJ region is preferred
Bachelor's degree in journalism and prior experience are preferred.
- Generate and pitch story ideas
- Upload your own stories to the website
- Monitor AP wires, BNN alerts, press releases, news tip submissions, etc.
- Brainstorm ways to enhance on-air content with web exclusives
- Help coordinate web coverage for special events
- Build relationships with press officers and other sources
Please submit writing samples, resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
WRNN TV - 2 years ago