Mars Hill Church’s mission is to plant churches and make disciples. We have grown from a small Bible study to over 12,000 weekly attenders to a network of 14 different churches in 4 states - Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, and California. In addition, Mars Hill Church launched the Mars Hill Network this year. The Mars Hill Network is a sub-network within Acts 29 of like-minded churches who have aligned themselves with Mars Hill Church. This is an invitation only network to large, growing churches which Mars Hill Church hopes to serve.
You're the type of person who:
Loves clear, concise, provocative communication. When you’re out and about you appreciate seeing well crafted words. Whether it’s an ad on the side of a bus, or well written copy on a fundraising campaign handout, finding a way to evoke a feeling or image with an economy of words matters to you. At the end of the day it’s always Jesus that motivates you to work hard to get gospel centered content to hundreds of thousands of people each year. You can work individually when needed but you also have the interpersonal skills to serve in a team environment with other dedicated staff.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done for us last week:
- Had fun, sometimes tangential creative meetings with the Creative Director and Senior Editor
- Written compelling, short form copy for a giving campaign direct mailer
- Written an introductory piece for a new sermon series for a online audience
- Written a catchy phrase that distills the central message of a sermon series based on a book campaign
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you might have done for us last week:
- Taken a sermon transcript and edited it for a reading audience
- Taken rough ideas and notes from a meeting and crafted the central ideas into a blog length post with a compelling call to action
- Had short on the spot creative brainstorm meeting with the creative team
- Written descriptions for youtube clips and other media
Here are a few other things we're looking for:
- Able to fulfill the duties required of Mars Hill Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Able to fulfill the qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred.
If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day and could pour your life into, we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link to apply for this position. Include a resume, cover letter, and anything we would find useful. Thanks!
Schedule: Monday - Friday plus Sunday responsibilities
Hours: Full Time, exempt
Location: Central Offices | Seattle, WA
Vacation: Two weeks vacation, 1 week personal, plus one week at Christmas
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Disability
Mars Hill Church - 2 years ago