Use your storytelling prowess and knack for persuasion to create memorable, effective, and dare we say - award-winning - ad campaigns across all platforms.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· W rite great copy and come up with fresh concepts – for online and offline executions.
· U nderstand strategy and why a great brief can be your best friend.
· Master the rules of grammar – so you can break them when you need to.
· Be a chameleon – able to write in many voices, changing from one to another as quickly as you change from one project to another
· Rock a short headline. Or write poetic, persuasive long-form copy for websites, digital signage, branded content – anything the project requires.
· Play nice with others and partner with both art directors and design directors to ensure the look supports the concepts. And don’t be afraid to tell them when it doesn’t.
· Juggle lots of projects at one time.
· Brainstorm. Concept. Ideate. Repeat.
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Nature and Scope
Typically reports to VP, Group Creative Director/Head of writing department for career growth and Associate Creative Director for project work
May require overnight travel
Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Ad School grad
Years of Relevant Experience
2-5 years of advertising copywriting experience (preferably in the digital space)
· Must have a strong portfolio, candidates will not be considered without one
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
· Excellent communication skills
· Be comfortable presenting to clients
· Pay attention to detail
· Be pro-active, self-starting and always thinking
· Have passion for advertising that goes way beyond a “cool print ad”
· Be nice.