Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
We are in the process of building a world class Marketing organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
The Copywriter creates copy that enhances the Orchard Supply Hardware brand for multiple merchandise categories and services. S/he is responsible for writing product and editorial copy across all channels including circulars/catalogs, direct mail, advertising, in-store signage, collateral and other marketing campaigns and initiatives.
· Work with business owner(s), designer(s) and Creative Director to conceptualize creative tactics that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, or branding objectives.
· Work closely with peers in Design to create the brand voice for mark eting campaigns that can live in any channel, including digital, social and traditional media, live events, branded content, websites, print ads, mobile, etc.
· Develop copy as a competitive advantage, considering customer experience and ways to drive the purchase decision.
· Ability to tailor editorial voice by media type, customer group and marketing initiative;
· Write benefit-driven product descriptions and headlines for circulars/catalogs, website and other assigned projects.
· Work with merchandising partners and other resources, including the web and reference materials, to produce accurate copy with a minimum of errors.
· Participate in brainstorming sessions; p artner with creative colleagues to develop editorial concepts and points of view early in the creative process.
· Creates multiple copy options for any given project; is willing and able to react quickly to feedback .
· Keep Production Coordinator apprised of project status ensuring key dates are maintained according to production schedule(s).
· Ensure all copy is accurately represented, supplied and proofread prior to release.
· Continue to elevate Orchard Supply Hardware’s editorial voice while maintaining alignment with brand standards; u pdate the editorial style guide as directed.
· Seek improvement in overall processes and partnerships, and is able to consistently drive implementation of changes and solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, creative writing or related field
· 3-5 years catalog, web and/or retail writing required; agency experience on retail account considered
· Up-to-date portfolio showcasing a diverse book of work required
· Expert knowledge of MS Office required; Adobe CS preferred
· Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills, thorough attention to detail
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
· Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly and supportive attitude)
· S trong presentation skills and can present to team and managers .
· Proficient problem solving and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Orchard Supply Hardware - 18 months ago
Santa Clara, CA
- 4 days ago
Mountain View, CA
- 8 days ago
Director of Events
Mountain View, CA
- 14 days ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...