When you think shopping, we hope you'll think QVC! Thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry, and home products are just a click away at the Q! QVC's copywriting team brings those products to life so the customer can practically feel, smell and taste that must-have item. The Copywriter performs various copywriting duties in support of QVC’s multichannel platforms (Web, TV, print, mobile devices, tablets) and business units in an effort to maximize sales and support corporate initiatives.
• Product descriptions for use by QVC hosts for on-air sell and for online purchase
• Promotional web content for both QVC.com and the Inside Q microsite
• User-interface website navigational instruction
• Direct email and ePostcard campaign copy
• Editorial and merchandising copy in weekly and monthly eNewsletters
• Homepage copy
• Search Engine Optimization writing (eCommerce spots, alt text copy, title copy) to raise website results organically
• Search Engine marketing text (external banners, retargeting campaign copy)
• Magazine interviews, feature articles and catalog copy for Inside Q
• Packaging materials for proprietary product lines
• On-air snipes and messaging
• Photo captions
• Customer-facing surveys
• Weekly and monthly print program guide materials
• Value-added blogging to promote sales
• Positioning creative for brands and events
• Mobile text alerts
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field required.
• 1-2 years of post-educational corporate or agency copy experience required
• Candidate must be able to work onsite at QVC’s Studio Park headquarters in West Chester, PA.
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, with a confident command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Knowledge of the different writing styles required to appeal to different audiences across multiple platforms (Web, print, mobile, online).
• Strong attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
• Able to comprehend complicated computer systems and work in a technical, dynamic workplace.
• Working understanding of relational databases.
• Ability to define departmental requirements, as well as maintain product data in multiple proprietary databases designed specifically for this purpose.
• Exercise sound judgment while identifying, researching, and resolving product- and/or content-related issues independently and/or with other departments.
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ever-changing priorities.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, China and Italy, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 26-year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC, Inc. - 13 months ago
The phones are ringing off the hook at television home shopping company QVC. QVC (its name stands for "quality, value, and...