UncommonGoods is an online retailer that specializes in handmade, eco- friendly and uniquely designed gifts and accessories. We are looking for a talented copywriter to write snappy, imaginative, brand-reinforcing product descriptions and supplementary material for our website, email campaigns and our quarterly catalogs. The ideal candidate will be able to keep up in a fast-paced work environment, will not crack under pressure, and will capture our unique brand voice through well-written, clever copy and captivating storytelling. This role reports to the Art Director.
· Write copy, headlines, SEO, meta descriptions, and artist profiles for a constant flow of new products (20-50 per week).
· Write and edit product copy for our quarterly catalogs. We need a fast and fastidious self-editor who is ready to receive feedback, offer suggestions and meet tight deadlines.
· Write witty, exciting email copy on a bi-weekly basis.
· Work independently and with members of the creative, merchant and marketing departments.
Skills & Qualifications
· 1-2 years of experience (Professional, Internship and/or Freelance acceptable).
· Familiarity with our company, our voice, our aesthetic, our ethics, and our audience. UncommonGoods’ focus is toward sustainability, with an emphasis on how we impact the world. We truly work to recycle, reduce and reuse!
· Highly creative, curious, friendly, and enthusiastic!
· Strong command of language, grammar and punctuation.
· The ability to give and receive constructive criticism to and from managers and co-workers in an eager and respectful manner.
· Familiarity with SEO and Adobe InCopy/InDesign a plus.
· B.A./B.F.A (M.A./M.F.A preferred) in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Advertising, or related field.
To Apply: Submit your resume, cover letter, and 5 writing samples.
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in New York City, UncommonGoods is a catalog and online retailer of creatively...