Supports the SR Product Developer in the creation and execution of compelling, exclusive product, from ideation to implementation that aligns with the core objectives of the merchandise department and achieves sales growth metrics and targets. Responsibilities includes product design, vendor relations, product quality, compliance, merchandise selection and product delivery to maximize business performance and profitability in a multi channel high growth environment.
- Develops exclusive, compelling product, from ideation to implementation, helping division to build and maintain a competitively dominant merchandise assortment that enhances guest satisfaction and brand value by meeting demographic needs.
- Works with Sr Product Developer and cross-functional partners to develop long-range divisional plans. Helps develop strategies and categories/ location assortment plans with the goal of improving department sales and margin goals. Analyze current business trends to determine risks and opportunities.
- Analyzes business trends and develops strategies for growth opportunities while managing current assortments and maintaining optimal inventory.
- Coordinate sourcing opportunities across categories to achieve maximum cost savings and obtain financial goals. Develops customer driven assortments that support divisional and departmental goals and key item focus.
- Supports design, product development and compliance efforts including financial strategies and targets in partnership with Sr Product Developer, operations, and planning and allocation that support the financial objectives of the Division and Corporation.
- Through collaboration develop and improve business strategies and processes associated with design, product development, vendor relations and compliance to improve sales, profit, turns, cost management and organizational efficiencies across all divisions.
- Collaborates with planning and park merchandise team on replenishment needs and facilitates re-orders within assigned departments.
- Provides input in setting and monitoring metrics for department sales including cost of goods, turns, gross margin, and per cap. Ensures merchandise mix balances quantity, style, size and price consistent with company and individual market requirements.
- Completes negotiations with vendor(s) for unit cost, production charges, material specifications, minimum order qualities, warehouse merchandise, delivery schedules, lead times and returns to vendor. Works with manufacturer to ensure all products exceeds all applicable safety testing requirements.
- Works with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that support overall strategy, including managing seasonal sales, margin and inventory budgets by business that optimizes sales and margins.
- Prepares and participates in merchandise summit meetings and line reviews.
- Assists division in creating an environment that promotes personal development of product developers and merchandise assistants, creating high morale amongst entire team and sets the example for development.
- Creates an inspiring, collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment fostering job satisfaction, retention and talent development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in design and product development or buying in Theme Parks, Specialty, high-profile retail organization or consumer products industry.
- Thorough knowledge of creative product development with strict attention to detail, vendor sourcing, and merchandise strategic planning.
- Minimum of 1 year of management supervisory experience.
- Understanding of the relationship between product design, cost management, assortment planning and compliance and its impact on profitability.
- Ability to identify risk/opportunity and identify solutions and/or trade-offs.
- Understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory turn, cost management and how to impact them.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial style, seizing every opportunity to define new work processes and increase productivity.
- Ability to lead and analyze business trends and key financial metrics.
- Exhibits high energy, creative thinking, collaboration, self-motivated and result oriented.
- Experienced in managing vendor/partner relationships and negotiations.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial with strong planning, prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and drive toward quick decisions.
- Ability to shift priorities and re-plan when business needs change.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and solve problems pro-actively.
- Seasoned professional who can negotiate the challenges of a large corporate environment.
- Works well in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and trends.
- Experienced in Power Point, Word, Excel, Open-to-Buy, Business Intelligence, JDA, MMS, Micros POS.
- Travel required.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment - 19 months ago