The Corporate Accountant, Agriculture, will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the Agriculture corporate tasks under the finance group by executing daily and monthly tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge and analytical skills, time management skills and effective communication skills. The Corporate Accountant will provide financial information for the organization by maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts. The successful candidate will partner with commercial, operational and financial leadership to drive best practices and first-class financial support for the Agriculture platform in the United States.
- Reconciliations of accounts and daily and monthly journal entries to record corporate activities (including payroll and staff-related entries, prepayments, fixed assets and depreciation)
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile month end inter-company accounts
- Monthly review of overhead expenses and perform variance analysis against budget by cost functions
- Ensure proper and accurate allocation of overhead expenses to business units and cost centers
- Preparation and review of the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and other Group reporting requirements
- Assist with both internal and external audits for the business which includes coordinating the requirements being pushed to other functional areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures to strengthen internal controls and gain operating efficiencies
- Serve as a liaison with other function groups (i.e. shared services, cash application, IT, Finance etc.) to ensure accuracy, efficiency and consistency in the business and financial processes.
- Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of facilitating communication and/or providing guidance among several parties; and providing information and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Complete special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Technical Accounting knowledge
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (i.e. Macros)
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Follows through to deliver results
- Takes ownership of own decisions and actions – successes and mistakes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client orientation - Understands and responds appropriately to client’s needs
- A strong intellect, the ability to learn and absorb information and identify trends
- 3-4 years of accounting experience
- Financial Statement Analysis