Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
As part of the Controller's Department, this individual must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. The position requires effective communication with employees at all levels, external auditors, and consultants as well as the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal customers and business partners. The individual will be responsible for managing routine accounting and reporting functions along with leading special projects and responding to special requests from senior management, Legal, Planning, Human Resources, and government agencies. The individual will also hire, manage, develop, and motivate a team of professionals specializing in the accounting for compensation, benefits, insurance investments, financial data services and a variety of other areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the production of monthly accounting and reporting functions such as the month-end close process, cash flow reporting, and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to financial and operational controls, procedures, and practices.
- Plan, review, and/or prepare internal and external reports, schedules, and statements.
- Respond to Audit, consultant, and other stakeholder inquiries and requests.
- Identify and facilitate technology changes to support business needs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Manage the preparation of SEC disclosures in the 10K related to executive compensation.
- Coordinate with multiple departments during budgeting and planning cycles to develop forecasts for compensation and benefits.
- Manage the Controller budget including developing budgets and projections and providing monthly reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Previous experience with the monthly close process, cash flow reporting, reconciliations and/or expense management preferred
- Desire and ability to apply critical thinking and thorough research to ensure accuracy of calculations and assumptions
- Ability to quickly analyze and review large data sets and complex spreadsheets
- Demonstrated leadership skills through project work or acting in a lead capacity
- Previous management experience preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and PeopleSoft HR a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...