Corporate Affairs Team Assistant
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Southwestern Energy Company is currently accepting on-line applications for a Team Assistant. This position is based in Houston, TX.
This position that will provide professional administrative support to the director of Corporate Affairs and associated team members. This position provides general administrative and event planning support, and writing skills are a plus. The Team Assistant is expected to be aware of business activities and events as they relate to the Corporate Affairs function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Team Assistant will: Maintain multiple calendars, manage appointments and contact information, schedule meetings with internal/external clients. Develop plans for corporate functions in which external and internal stakeholders are involved, including meetings, social events and volunteer activities. Provide courteous and professional assistance to internal/external customers. Assess and adjust to changing priorities while simultaneously handling numerous ongoing project activities. Work in partnership with other Assistants to provide backup support. Manage travel arrangements for team members, assist in management, organization, and maintenance of files, prepare and submit expense reports. Track corporate contributions correspondence. Assist in the production of corporate communications materials such as newsletters and brochures. Post materials on company intranet. Respond to questions and inquiries that may require research and follow-up. Create documents (letters/memos/presentations, etc.) with accuracy and on deadline. Order office supplies, distribute incoming/outgoing correspondence and other general administrative duties.
- Must have an understanding of professional office procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Sharepoint skills a plus
- Must be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate to a wide range of audiences in written and oral form
- Excellent organization and time management skills and able to multi-task
- Strong orientation for detail/accuracy and ability to take initiative as well as accept direction
- Disciplined work ethic. Work with a sense of urgency and drive for results
- Strong customer focus - both external and internal
- Knowledge or background in corporate communications, public relations, event planning, as well as the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Past experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a similar role is preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions
SouthWestern Energy Company - 16 months ago