Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
POSITION: Corporate Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Analysis & Process
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Panther currently has an excellent entry level opportunity for a recent College Graduate with a Finance focused degree. The primary responsibility of the Corporate Analyst is to assist the Senior Pricing Analyst with tasks related to identifying margin opportunities, calculating sales budgets and commissions, and miscellaneous reporting. This is an opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast paced, results driven environment and is looking for personal and career growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- Support Operations in Identifying margin opportunities
- Prepare sales commission calculations and payments
- Support sales commission credits
- Prepare monthly sales budgets
- Maintain Government pricing database and provide reporting for the Government Vertical Director.
- Provide Analytical support to Senior Pricing Analyst
- Works Closely with the Operations department, Executive VP of Sales, Vertical Sales Directors, field sales personnel, and other departments throughout the company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4 year Degree (Mandatory), preferable in accounting or finance
- 1-2 years of experience in Finance or Accounting environment.
- Experience working with sales personnel is preferred.
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel required. Must be able to create and work with spreadsheets and formulas.
- Basic knowledge of other Microsoft applications including Word and Outlook. Experience with Access is strongly preferred.
- Ability to research issues and recommend solutions as well as handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
Panther Expedited Services - 2 years ago
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...