BASIC PURPOSE :
The primary purpose of the Assistant Corporate Event Planner position is to assist in the research, coordination and various tasks of corporate events. This position coordinates and implements the processes necessary to help ensure successful events.
- Assist the Corporate Event Planner plan and implement corporate events. Duties may include but are not limited to reading and processing contracts by working with Love’s internal legal department and the vendors. Coordinating various tasks with multiple vendors, planning menus, travel arrangements, hotel, meeting rooms, room set-up, activities and prizes.
- Research entertainers and various team building ideas.
- Process and track RSVPs.
- Help maintain all accounting, documentation, records and files related to above events.
- Work on-site events as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate sponsorship events with various team members in the communications department. This includes venue set-up and tear down, coordinating volunteers, distributing shirts or other items, ordering banners, giveaways, monitoring expenses and related accounting and KPIs.
- Build power point slide shows for events.
- Regularly handle confidential information.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Some evenings and weekend work will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years experience in event planning
- Prior Administrative/Accounting experience preferable
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard skills: Microsoft Office Products, General PC/Internet skills, basic event planning & management understanding
- Soft Skills: Self-motivated; team player; shows attention to detail; excellent multi-tasker; ability to manage time effectively; ability to independently solve problems; exhibit a professional demeanor; innovative; ability to show integrity in dealing with confidential information; good written and oral communication skills; accuracy regarding all communications that are sent to associates and documents that are crafted; ability to change gears quickly and efficiently; ability to work under general direction, however, able to prioritize work and organize own time using independent judgment
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
****COME GROW WITH LOVE'S****
Love's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores - 20 months ago
At Love's, our people have been the key to our success since our founding more than 45 years ago. During that time, we have grown from a...