This position is responsible for conducting operational, financial, and compliance audits/reviews of BCBSM, its subsidiaries as well as vendors, suppliers, Par Plans and contractors of the company.
Conduct audits/reviews of BCBSM, its subsidiaries, vendors, suppliers, Par Plans and contractors of the company which include identifying risks and controls to mitigate risks, testing of controls, writing audit reports and conducting exit conference meetings. Conduct various audit and administrative projects on behalf of the corporation to assess the control environment of each audit unit under minimal supervision within assigned time and budget deadlines. Leads and/or participates in divisional or departmental infrastructure projects per year. Communicate the results of audits and/or projects to management (includes senior management) or Par Plans and subsidiaries. Assist in the development of the annual audit plan. Maintain knowledge and comprehensive understanding of auditing principles, processes, methodologies (applicable to BCBSM, BCN, DenteMax, other Blues Plans and similar institutions), standards for the professional practice of internal auditing and code of ethics (developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, the Information Systems Audit and Control Association and the Project Management Institute) statistical theory and application, BCBSM policies and procedures, group and provider contracts, risk management, and project management. Educate BCBSM employees and management about internal controls and encourage change that promotes an effective and efficient control environment. Educate BCBSM project staff in BCBSM
's business risk management standards, and in particular, train the project staff in business risk management responsibilities and the implementation and application of a project risk control process.
Conduct management action planning workshops to discuss business risks, prioritize control issues and develop corrective action plans. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration or closely related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Four (4) years related work experience required, which includes two (2) years of auditing experience.
- Basic project management and operational/compliance auditing background required.
- CCSA, CFE, CIA, CISA, CM, CMA, CPA, PMP, RN certifications preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, conflict resolution, time management, verbal and written skills are required.
- High level of proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, fax, copiers, and printers.
- Proficiency in use of audit software tools (i.e., automated work papers, ACL, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with operating management at all levels, executive management of BCBSM, BCN, and DenteMax, other Blues Plans and our external auditor (Deloitte and Touche).
- Must be able to travel to various BCBSM and subsidiary locations around the State, BCBSA (Chicago), other Blues Plans and vendor sites.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Internal Audit Standards, theory and methodology.
- Fraud detection techniques, computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT's), guidelines and standards Audit Command Language (ACL).
- Peer review other team members' work in accordance with company and IIA standards to support audit findings and recommendations, ensure audit objectives are achieved, and provide quality assurance.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- 13 months ago - save job
We deliver a range of audit reports and publications, the primary publications being performance audit reports, reports on the results of...