Incumbent will be responsible for managing, analyzing and developing policies for the company-wide Employee Health, Welfare and Retirement plans such as healthcare, life insurance, dental, vision, 401(k), pension, non-qualified plan, employee stock purchase, and relocation plans. Works with the companys third party benefit plan vendors and internal payroll department. Act as a benefit plan resource/specialist for the HR Representatives at the various plant locations, and for the employees. Works closely with Legal, HR Managers, Payroll, Finance and Accounting, and outside consultants to ensure programs are accurately administered and financially reported. Consult with and advise employees on eligibility, plan provisions and other matters related to benefits. Maintain benefit records and documents. Assist in the preparation of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications.
- Analyze, develop, implement and administer company-wide benefit programs specific to retirement plans, pension plans, non-qualified plan and relocation plans. This includes working with the plan vendors, system design, policies and procedures and validation and integration of all data necessary to support the plans. Includes, accurate and timely funding/administration of qualified & non-qualified retirement plans
- Oversee the non-qualified Plan; including payroll deductions, SEC filing information, distributions, annual company contribution and open enrollment
- Full understanding of ERISA and other legislation relating to benefit plans. Works closely with corporate and external legal counsel, auditors, and consultants to ensure regulatory compliance. Ensures plan documents and summary plan descriptions are updated on a timely basis
- Facilitate Non-Discrimination Testing and processing of the form 5500 filings for the Retirement Plans, including assisting auditors
- Review plans on an annual basis, making recommendations as needed, and managing projects pertaining to resulting changes
- Counsel employees, new hires, and/or transferees on benefits.
- Point of contact for internal accounting and audit teams, responsible for issue resolution and monitoring of internal controls. Validate all processes and procedures necessary in complying with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of overall Benefits Program, associated laws, regulations and fiduciary requirements
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance theories and concepts with ability to apply complex plan formulas and interpret financial statement and accounting schedules
- Ability to interact well with employees, retirees, and vendors
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, and other vendor business related software
- Minimum of three years experience in overall Benefits Administration
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
Worthington Industries - 10 months ago