Location: Lakeville - Massachusetts
Requisition #: C12-2263
Employment Duration: Full time
Last Updated: 11/29/12 10:02 AM
Company Overview For 80 years, Ocean Spray’s logo has been an enduring symbol of what we stand for - taste, health and heritage. From the creation of the Cooperative, to the steady wave of new products designed to delight customers today, Ocean Spray has a history of quality, great taste and innovative products. Beginning with the harvest, it is the spirit of discovery and determination, and the dedication of grower-owners and employees, that allows us to manufacture and market our products to delight consumers around the globe!
As we develop new products and expand our markets we are looking to hire talented individuals that want to be part of our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment you will love working at Ocean Spray. At Ocean Spray we understand the value of working together, while knowing each individual plays a vital role in the company’s success. Our business has always been and continues to be built on the people from different backgrounds, coming together for a common goal. The same sense of opportunity, resourcefulness and innovation on which the Cooperative was founded is what drives Ocean Spray today!
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for two Corporate Beverage Engineers to join our Engineering Department in Lakeville, MA .
The Corporate Beverage Engineer will be responsible for leading and participating in a variety of projects at any of our 4 beverage network locations. Projects will range in scope and size and may involve any and all of the following: design, integration, installation, continuous improvement, maintenance, modification, and start-up of high-speed packaging lines. Responsibilities will require engineering experience and working levels of process & utility, drafting (CAD), controls, equipment procurement, installation, training, and start-up.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages assigned projects from concept through completion, including engineering, design, equipment selection, procurement, performance, vendor selection and accountability. Deliver projects on time and under budget.
2. Troubleshoots and resolves packaging issues associated with packaging component quality, packaging equipment, and packaging line efficiency, participates in deviation resolutions as a result of packaging component quality and coordinates, conducts, and documents packaging line trials for new or improved packaging components.
3. Develops and prepares packaging specifications and recaps, cost estimates and rationalizations, and presents projects for approval, conducts and documents package testing for component approval or troubleshooting, and participates in the selection of packaging component vendors in conjunction with Procurement.
4. Perform equipment audits, provide onsite troubleshooting, and partner with plants to develop action plans to improve process deficiencies.
5. Develop presentations to management in the review and approval process. Develop project documentation including monthly status reports, issue purchase orders and contracts to vendors.
6. Develop baseline documentation in the development of projects including plant and line layouts, process diagrams, estimates, schedules and system descriptions. Works with outside engineering and vendor resources in the execution of the project as needed. Process optimization – using fundamental engineering skills and expertise, develop and implement improvements to process and packaging operations, facilities and infrastructure.
Mini mum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 5-7 years experience working with high-speed bottling lines
- Strong computer skills (AutoCAD, Excel, MS Project, MS Office)
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing projects of $10mm plus
- Sound familiarity with state and federal requirements (i.e., OSHA and ADA Regulations)
- Ability to read and generate technical and equipment drawings (AutoCAD)
- Hands-on experience working with vendors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working on multiple projects and prioritizing workload
- Able to work cross-functionally in team environment and at various organizational levels, internally and externally
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Monster - 12 months ago