In more than 85% of America households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of 4,400 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 of the 12 major categories in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® and Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® shelf-stable pickles, Wish-Bone® and Western® salad dressings, Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups, Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Duncan Hines®, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fruit fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Freshlike® frozen vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged frozen meals, Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® frozen prepared seafood, Hungry-Man® frozen dinners and entrées, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Lender's® frozen and refrigerated bagels, and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® kettle style potato chips, Erin's® popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® snacks in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position will support multiple manufacturing operations in the development and implementation of long term strategic plans to involve all operations personnel in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers production costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates corporate 6 Sigma Program to reduce cost
- Performs plant interventions to reduce cost
- Facilitates kaizen events to eliminate waste
- Implements cost saving projects utilizing both Lean and 6 Sigma methodologies
- Implements common corporate CI systems (5S, Standard Work, Daily Mgmt, Leadership LAP, OEE Gap Closure, OAC, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead kaizen improvement events.
- Demonstrated ability to complete cost savings projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to implement cost savings programs across plants.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning to identify opportunity areas.
- Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities via data.
- Ability to teach/coach CI concepts throughout the plants
- BS in Engineering; Masters degree preferred
- 7+ years of lean experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Past experience in leading kaizen workshops in the areas of: 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management, SMED and TPM.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Shainin Red X Journeyman certification required
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Maintenance/manufacturing/engineering/QA/QS experience preferred
- Has worked in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed.
- Hands on style and solid communication ability.
- Able to effectively interface within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age or any other legally protected basis.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pinnacle Foods Finance LLC (PFF) is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded food products. The Company’s products and...