Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
Citizant seeks a professional writer who has demonstrated experience working in corporate communications at a federal government IT contracting firm. The qualified candidate will have experience writing news releases, sales materials, and white papers, and will manage the company’s content on the corporate Web site and various social media networks. Speed and quality in written communications are equally important.
- Write news releases, sales materials, and white papers
- Manage content on the corporate Web site
- Manage the company’s presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Contribute to other marketing programs as necessary, including industry event marketing and sales presentations
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications with a mid-sized to large government IT contracting firm, or an agency account team that supported such a company
- Demonstrated experience writing news releases, IT-related white papers, and other sales materials
- Experience managing content on a corporate Web site (but not Web site development)
- Signficant experience managing or supporting a corporate presence on popular social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations, including developing basic graphics and charts
- Experience with Media Relations tools like Vocus, BusinessWire, etc.
- Superb online research skills, particularly with regard to government contracts and contractors
- Existing positive relationships with reporters who cover the government IT contracting industry
- Ability to manage freelancers and marketing/PR agencies
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Citizant, Inc - 20 months ago