The Corporate Communications Specialist will be the primary in-house resource for developing, writing, and editing content for both external and internal audiences. Externally facing content may include direct mail, website, brochures and collateral, and social media among others. Internal content may include employee newsletters and intranet content intended to facilitate cross-department communication and engagement. The Communications Specialist must be able to simplify industry information; express messages persuasively; present information clearly and consistently; and establish context, content, and tone for the intended audience and purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop ideas for, write, and edit web content, marketing materials, sales presentations and press releases in a variety of media, including digital and social, that promote employee understanding, motivation and engagement.
- Edit and manage content submitted for publication by employees across the company; proofread content written by other members of the communications team. The writer will adhere to and implement editorial standards for quality and style, and company-specific guidelines.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business to ensure that key messages are reflected in all communications and aligned with corporate strategies.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively with other members of busy, active communications team
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Proficient using/learning digital and web-based tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated, successful writing experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Experience writing annual reports a plus