Wildfire Marketing Contract Services is hiring a short-term contract position (8-10 weeks) in the Employee Communications department for a client in Mooresville, NC. This position works on-site in Mooresville from client’s office; works 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Short-term contractor will also have the opportunity to apply for the permanent, full-time position.
The Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for developing communications opportunities and requests from across the business, providing counsel to internal business partners, and developing quality, professional content for internal communications vehicles (intranets, email, social business platforms, etc.) for employees in the corporate offices, stores and distribution centers. Must be able to identify the appropriate internal communications vehicle(s), and write, develop, approve and disseminate appropriate communications about corporate initiatives, objectives and programs in a timely, thorough and clear manner to employees and, in some cases, external stakeholders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit, manage and disseminate content for all internal communications vehicles, including email, intranet, print, internal social platforms and digital signage
- Work collaboratively with internal clients to develop communications plans to support business needs and execute communication plans
- Day-to-day contact with business partners across the company to finalize and schedule communications plans and collateral. Respond to internal communications requests in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with the creation and execution of Employee Communications processes, procedures and style guides
- Develop and manage metrics dashboard for Employee Communications team for regular reporting, and assess ways we can improve our communications effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and manage editorial calendars for various communications vehicles.
- Maintain and create distribution lists
- Maintain communication relationships with all corporate office department heads and executive management
- Assist Employee Communications Manager on special projects, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Mailbox Management proficiency – Management of inbound requests to the Employee Communications box and day-to-day collaboration with business partners to plan/execute communications
- Content Distribution proficiency – Ability to intake, manage and distribute email content to corporate audiences in an efficient, professional manner
- Strong written communications skills – writing, editing and crafting messages; familiarity with professional writing; experience with AP Style
- Ability to work in multi-task in a fast-paced environment with impeccable accuracy
- Professional demeanor with understanding of corporate environment
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Experience with intranets and platforms like IBM Connections, WICM, Teamsite, etc.
- Familiarity or proficiency with WordPress a plus
- 0-2 years related work experience
- 4 year degree
- All applicants must complete an Application for New Hire and EEO self-identification form; both will be provided upon receipt of initial application.
Relocation assistance not available. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard