Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is adding to their team and seeking a Controller to join this growing organization. Previous experience in Public Accounting, experience with SEC reporting and exposure to the Real Estate industry is required for this opportunity.
Working directly with the VP/Finance responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Partner with existing accounting management to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the accounting and finance functions, including the development and management of all internal and external financial reports. .
· Play a leadership role to ensure Company (operations management) adherence to / respect of internal controls.
· Manage the annual and monthly financial reporting.
· Prepare timely financial statements and budget reports.
· Review any budget items of concern with department heads as needed.
· Oversee the audit of the Company’s financial records, ensuring the auditors have the required information and anticipating any potential issues.
· Directly responsible for all SEC financial disclosures filings.
· Responsible for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404, including implementing and maintaining financial controls.
· Issue policies and procedures for important financial and administrative processes.
· Document the control environment and test related controls.
· Review of monthly financial statement preparation
$100-110K total compensation including salary and RSU’s
Accountants In Transition - 14 months ago