Job Function: Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for the daily functions of the Finance and Administration Organization. Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for all aspects of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Tax and Payroll functions. Ensure timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions.
• Responsible for month end close process including preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
• Preparation of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow reports for month end and year end process
• Provide variance analysis and commentary for management reporting. Other ad hoc analyses as needed.
• Assist with the compilation and analysis of the budget, forecasts, and long range plans
• Development of systems and controls to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
• Support Human Resource and Office Management functions as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 7+ years of related experience. Public accounting and software industry experience preferred.
• International exposure a plus
• Strong knowledge of accounting standards, practices and controls
• Hands-on operation corporate finance and/or startup experience.
• Able to work well with details and have the big picture perspective
• Proven ability to work independently as well as on a team.
• Proficient with Quickbooks or other common general ledger software and Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive, adapt and succeed in a fast-paced startup environment.