This is an exclusive retained search being conducted by Talence Group LLC for our client in the consumer sports industry.
Reports to: CFO
Industry: Manufacturing - Sporting & Consumer Goods
Company: Very Strong Financially / Well-Established / Family Owned
Employees: 650 + / Market size: $1B+ marketplace
Who our client is…
Our client is a worldwide market leader with numerous award-winning products. This company is an iconic brand in the sporting and consumer goods manufacturing industry and prides themselves on building a culture of innovation and performance. With a state-of-the-art U.S. manufacturing facility, they are known for their incredible ability to produce products that are guaranteed for a lifetime. The company brand is a top-selling, top name brand sold through major retailers and other distribution channels.
What our client needs…
A forward-thinking leader who has proven success in building critical partnerships across the organization enabling the achievement of strategic corporate goals. This person will be instrumental in directing the financial affairs of the business to ensure a positive impact on the long-term financial outcomes of the company.
What you would own…
What you need to have….
- Consolidating information to establish major economic objectives and policies for the company in collaboration with the CFO.
- Financial analysis, reports, and advice to management enabling the best possible outcomes.
- Preparing financial models for strategic planning scenarios and conduct financial forecasts.
- Leading reviews of the financial impact of company benefit plans.
- Managing fixed assets and providing advisement to management on depreciation and asset management.
- Conducting internal audits on assets, product accounts, and liabilities.
- Preparing and consolidating of budgets. Directing preparation of annual financial budget and forecasts.
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting team ensuring an optimum level of performance.
- Preparing financial reporting to lending institutions and the financial community as well as maintaining fiscal records.
- Manage general accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
- Provide corporate accounting, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and budgets.
- Ensure regular updates and compliance of GAAP practices
- Manage accounts receivable & payables, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Manage cost accounting system, inventory valuation, expense analyses, product costing and variance accounting for manufactured and sourced products.
- Manage credit and collections.
- Oversee shareholders transactions including stock transactions, stock book value, dividends, special distributions and shareholder tax reporting.
- Own treasury function, including cash management, investments, short term and long-term operational funding as well as evaluating foreign exchange considerations.
- Oversee technology and information systems that impact international trade compliance or financial and cost accounting functions.
- Own tax compliance and ensure taking advantage of favorable tax codes.
- Direct the preparation of the annual tax accrual, tax return work papers, and various sales, use and property tax returns.
Total Compensation: $140 – 170K base plus 30 – 50% bonus potential, outstanding benefits!
- Finance and accounting expertise in a manufacturing environment.
- 12 + years of accounting managerial experience.
- Expertise in cost accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable & receivable, payroll and income tax.
- Proven leadership capability with involvement in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods and management of people and resources.
- Strong knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, and agency rules, including IRS and GAAP related.
- Must have the ability to interpret data and transfer into meaningful financial models for use in driving business decisions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
Talence Group LLC - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Talence Group has developed an innovative solution called "PerfectSelection". This method has been demonstrated over and over...