An exciting career opportunity exists at Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE: B) to join the corporate legal services function as a Corporate Counsel. This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and will provide for broad interaction with all members of the department, as well as senior management and the strategic business unit leadership team across the globe. The optimal candidate will have 5-8 years of experience, including experience as an associate at a law firm and an in-house attorney, preferably with a global company. He/she will have demonstrated the capability to be a results-oriented counselor who delivers timely, cost-effective, practical advice in a wide range of areas, including commercial transactions, employment matters, as well as compliance, including global anti-corruption. The Corporate Counsel has the opportunity to work independently, fostering effective client relationships throughout the Company. Work is interesting, varied and high-volume in an organization committed to growth and characterized by a collaborative working environment.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- General Scope:
- Position will focus on providing hands-on, pragmatic counsel to all levels of management at the corporate, segment and strategic business unit level with particular focus areas such as employment, labor, supplier matters, and compliance.
- Commercial focus:
- Provide hands-on, pragmatic commercial counsel to all levels of management at the corporate, segment and strategic business unit level.
- Overseeing compliance and corporate governance issues
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk and opportunity management strategies are in place
- Key compliance officer focus including global anti-corruption, trade and government contract compliance oversight
- Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing in a law firm and in-house. Prior in-house experience is a must.
- Impeccable integrity and strong focus on team work and collaboration.
- A business-focused counselor who delivers timely, cost-effective, pragmatic advice.
- Excellent planning, organizational, project management skills and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment and to communicate and interact with technical and non-technical people.
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to commercial and global compliance matters.
- Proven ability to work effectively with competing and fluid client demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Lean, continuous improvement and to embracing technology in the practice of law.
- Demonstrated global mindset
- Bi-lingual candidates are preferred, particularly with working knowledge of Mandarin, German or Swedish.
- Travel (domestic and international), as required
Instructions: To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
- J.D. from a national law school.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 17 months ago