Position reports to Vice President of Strategic Corporate Development and General Counsel
PUBLIC COMPANY COMPLIANCE
- Prepare public company Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank Act compliance: timely and accurate 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, proxy statements, registration statements, etc.
- Assist with any merger, acquisition or other corporate transactions and support subsidiaries worldwide. Provide strategic legal support to business development, sales, finance, operations, engineering and other internal groups across the company.
- Assist with corporate governance matters including draft policies.
- Assist with employment matters including policy training.
- Legal lead for revenue contract negotiations with channel partners, suppliers and end customers.
- Product sales agreements, maintenance/support agreements, and support for sales generally on customer questions of a legal nature are a critical part of the job.
- Responsibility extends to support of international sales and negotiate territory-specific versions of sales and support contracts.
- Manage various litigation and disputes: patent litigation, securities litigation, employment disputes, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day litigation aspects such as document production/discovery, court filings, legal fees, and coordination with outside litigation counsel.
- Minimize costs and disruption to the business as much as possible.
- Support sales and marketing regarding customer queries regarding litigation and indemnification.
- No prior litigation experience necessary; will receive on the job training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills desired.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials and top tier law firm experience representing technology companies. California bar preferred.
- Minimum three to five years experience practicing law and with ’33 and’34 Act disclosure and reporting experience, prior in-house experience preferred.
- Litigation management experience, preferably IP/patent/technology matters, will receive on the job training.
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills, including experience negotiating with sophisticated, nationally recognized parties
- Candidate must be willing to roll up sleeves and be hands on with little or no administrative support. Candidate also needs to be able to handle challenging interpersonal or multi-cultural situations required.
- Ability to read and write in Chinese a plus, but not required.
San Jose, CA
Monolithic Power Systems - 2 years ago