The Corporate Counsel will report to Shoutlet’s VP of Finance and Operations and will be the chief legal counsel for a fast-paced, social media Software-as-a-Service company. The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for all contract work, compliance efforts,
and company polices & procedures, as well as working with outside counsel. Candidate will either sit in our corporate headquarters of Madison, WI, or our fast growing Atlanta, GA office.
- Review, draft and negotiate service agreements with prospects and customers, vendors, and partners
- Review, draft and negotiate other types of contracts as needed
- Create and manage a contract filing system/database in conjunction with Shoutlet’s finance department
- Manage internal compliance efforts and security committee
- Train sales, support and technical staff regarding ongoing legal changes related to social media
- Provide legal advice to HR and management team
- Participate in due diligence for transactions, as needed
- Work with outside counsel in connection with litigation and other legal proceedings
- Law Degree and license to practice law in Georgia or Wisconsin depending upon location of candidate
- At least five (5) years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills using standard office software programs including word processing, spreadsheets, database, and email applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical skills
- Ability to work with a fast-paced, time-sensitive, dynamic environment with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and professional
- Ability to travel occasionally
We’re growing at an astonishing rate and work with amazing brands like 3M, Finish Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Fox Sports, Canon, and Best Buy. If you want to add to that list, have a passion for social, and thrive on the fastest pace imaginable, we should talk.
We offer competitive salaries, 401k, health/dental/vision benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and short-term/long-term disability coverage. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Want to learn more about working at Shoutlet? Click to learn more about who we are at http://www.shoutlet.com/who-we-are/
Shoutlet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Eligibility to work permanently in the U.S. without visa