Accellent, Inc. is a fully integrated provider of design, supply chain management and strategic sourcing services to the Medical Device industry. Accellent www.accellent.com, a recognized market leader, is a fast-growing outsource manufacturing and design solution company specializing in high growth areas such as Cardiology, Endoscopy and Orthopaedics. The top Medical Device companies partner with Accellent to provide innovation, advanced technology, speed to market, low cost labor and strategic sourcing. |
The Corporate EHS Manager position will report directly to the Director EHS and will be expected to support all aspects of the Accellent Corporate EHS program. This will include development of policies, training material and relevant tools to comply with both regulatory and company-mandated practices/procedures. The position will be expected to travel to all Accellent locations, as needed, to assist the sites in understanding and implementing program initiatives and policies.
This position can be based at our Collegeville, PA site or other Accellent East Coast facility.
In addition to supporting all general aspects of the Corporate EHS Program as directed, the position will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of Accellent’s Restricted Substance Management Program across all affected locations
- Facilitate implementation of Accellent’s Environmental, Social and Governance Program, i.e., Sustainability. Support the Director EHS in the establishing ESG program metrics and performance assessment/reporting tools, training of site-level ESG task teams and interacting as appropriate with certain customers and suppliers to achieve desired internal and external objectives.
- Assessing regulatory obligations pertaining to air, water and waste across all operating units and assuring a corresponding level of compliance at the site and corporate level. Specific focus areas will initially include air permitting assessment, storm water discharge and waste water discharge management, chemical inventory reporting, toxic release inventory reporting and all levels of hazardous waste management.
- All other duties as assigned
Accellent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we value diversity in our workforce. As such we provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. To learn more about Accellent and our career opportunities, please visit us at www.accellent.com
- Minimum B.S. in Environmental Management, Occupational Health or similar field of study
- Minimum of 10 years experience with progressive responsibility in managing EHS program within a multi-site, international organization
- Includes a minimum of 3 years EHS program management at the corporate level
- Environmental management/proficiency certification preferred, such as CHMM.
- Deep knowledge of EHS directives and regulations in the EU, US and other major markets such as China/Malaysia. Currently, the most significant directives include REACH, RoHS and TSCA, although this list will likely expand as more regions adopt similar legislation.
- Competency in conducting ergonomic risk assessments, machine safety/guarding reviews, job hazard analyses and other health/safety-based program element evaluations.
- Proven success in implementing and managing a comprehensive ESG program at both corporate and site level.
- Knowledgeable in environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (technical writing and presentations)
- Excellent technology skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Oracle platform preferred)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Required travel between 40-50% of the time, sometimes more depending on the nature of the project or initiative.
- Understanding of the manufacturing environment, with experience in the medical device industry preferred
- Familiar with Lean principles and implementation relative to EHS programs
EHSCareers.com - 21 months ago