Analyzes internal and external customer requirements to design safe and effective solutions. Manages projects associated with the capital expansion equipment and provides technical support during field operations to resolve equipment-related issues. Performs research and development to design new or improved engineering solutions.
· Creates and maintains clear and concise specifications, test procedures, and other related equipment design documents.
· Maintains complete project files for all assigned projects.
· Monitors vendors to ensure capital equipment is manufactured in accordance with specifications.
· Performs customer acceptance testing to ensure equipment meets specification requirements prior to delivery of equipment.
· Evaluates the equipment performance against specification requirements and develops solutions for improvement.
· Pursues continuous improvements to capital equipment performance that is cost effective and safe.
· Performs both preliminary and front-end engineering design for equipment on special projects.
· Creates project plans to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
· Initiates proactive measures to obtain and monitor resources in order to achieve project goals.
· Performs all project reporting requirements as specified by department standards.
· Develops and maintains both internal and external customer relationships.
· Resolves customer projects in a professional, ethical manner.
· Travels as needed to support all assigned projects.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university.
· Two (2) years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including experience in equipment design.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong mechanical engineering skills and the ability to develop a solid working knowledge of structural mechanical and hydraulic design.
· Ability to work in a highly challenging environment that requires self-discipline and dedication, as well as being proactive in achieving the required objectives.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Exceptional technical writing and interpersonal skills.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, SolidWorks, Simulation and AutoCAD software.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Cudd Energy Services - 8 months ago
Energy is the key to growth for Key Energy Services, one of the US's largest well-servicing and workover companies. The company...