This position plans, directs, and coordinates the major customer-facing and internal event activities for the company, while supervising a team of three event specialists.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Manage the planning and execution of major customer-facing and internal events including customer conferences, annual sales meetings, and staff celebrations.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, timelines, budgets, and services according to business objectives and internal customer requirements
- Collaborate with internal client teams and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, and to review administrative procedures and event progress
- Negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with external event sites, hotels, speakers, transportation and audio visual companies, and other ancillary services for all client conferences and events and consult with client teams to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for attendees, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
- Conduct site visits as necessary for client conference and event locations, prepare RFPs for event services, oversee negotiations, and participate in the decision-making and recommendation process
- Administer and control approved budgets, credit applications and invoices for conferences and event-related expenditures and event closeout
- Manage, direct, and supervise the corporate events department staff and resources and provide close coordination with internal client account teams and other cross-functional departments
- Develop scalable conference and event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and propose initiatives that anticipate and reflect the changing needs of the company
- Document and continuously improve all event related processes
- Superior contract negotiation skills
- High attentiveness to details and organizational skills
- Excellent supervision skills with both people and tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, high stakes environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize among assignments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors
- Friendly attitude; willingness to assist and ability to solve problems is a must
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team player
- Ability to be creative in solving problems
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Approximately 25% travel required nationally and internationally
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in conference and event planning; prefer 7+ years of experience in conference and event planning in the high technology or software industry
- Prefer 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification is a plus
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks - 2 years ago
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming...