Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
At DISH we organize several corporate events and meetings each year to build our brand and help our Retailers grow their business. Our Corporate Event Planners work on all aspects of the meeting planning process for events that include day meetings, training sessions, forums, sales meetings, an incentive and our annual meeting for 5,000 people. Our corporate event planners are detailed and client-service oriented; have vision and strong organizational skills, are technologically savvy and have the means to pull off both big and small events without a hitch.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Manage cost-effective meetings and events, including but not limited to: conference approval, site search, negotiation, contracting, invitation process, coordination of conference registration, database management, F&B, BEO’s, schedule of events, air and ground needs, dinners, activities and basic knowledge of audio visual.
- Manage ongoing vendor relationships with hotels, restaurants and other vendors.
- Manage hotel room blocks.
- Add value through strategic thinking to support the bigger picture goals of the Corporate Events department.
- Develop and implement meeting processes.
- Must be able to work closely with the team and independently to ensure complete organization.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful Corporate Event Planner will have the following:
- Bachelors degree preferred with 5-7 years of Corporate Event Planning experience.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint, Internet and database management.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, energetic, approachable, motivated, strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and budget management skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to handle a multitude of tasks under pressure .
- Ability to work overtime when necessary, Some travel required.