Corporate Executive Chef (w/ Emphasis on Japanese Cuisine) |
If you are a Highly Experienced Corporate Executive Chef who thrives in a fast-paced,
high-energy environment, then we have a terrific opportunity for you! We are a multi-location,
full-service family of restaurants with a growing, one-of-a-kind and exciting concept that is both guest and employee centered.
Who We Are
Established in 2001, Sushi Zushi has since grown to be the leader of Sushi in San Antonio. After successfully entering and sustaining their presence in the San Antonio, Dallas and Austin markets despite a tough economy, Sushi Zushi has increase profitability every year and is moving forward in expanding throughout the state of Texas and beyond.
Sushi Zushi's "Joy of Sushi" philosophy is focused on guiding guests to discover traditional and unique Japanese cuisine.
Sushi Zushi's "Joy of Sushi" philosophy is focused on guiding guests to discover traditional and unique Japanese cuisine. Through highly individualized service in an inviting contemporary setting, taste-buds are locked in for an exciting culinary journey. The menu features a stimulating blend of high-quality, traditional and Avant-garde Japanese cuisine combined with American hospitality in a casual yet sophisticated and contemporary bistro setting.
Why Work for Us
We strive to Amaze our Guests by consistently delivering the most enjoyable dining experience for them We aspire to continuously provide an exceptional working environment for our valued employees We're small enough where individuals can truly make a difference, but large enough to have the resources to continuously invest in our future growth We are a successful and profitable company, and on the verge of even more Our future vision is in place, but we need key people in place to "fill in the blanks" What We Are Looking For
Sushi Zushi, Inc. is seeking a Corporate Executive Chef to work out of our San Antonio, TX Corporate Office. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a forward-thinking, continuous improvement-minded, self-motivated, customer service-focused, results-oriented, and principles-driven people leader who wants to be part of a small but successful and growing company.
The Corporate Executive Chef will provide vision and leadership for all of our Culinary Teams to complete guest satisfaction with our values in mind! As a leader, you'll be part of a team of hard working professionals dedicated to providing award-winning experiences to our guests and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish an overall culinary operations philosophy, strategy, and culture.
- Lead the culinary strategic planning efforts to establish vision, goals, and objectives that are aligned with the company's strategic plan.
- Lead the development and implementation of all food production standards through the use of recipes and SOPs to achieve high quality consistency and profit goals, and ensures that all restaurants adhere to all standards.
- Responsible for the company's menu and recipe database, and guarding its integrity.
- Lead efforts to develop and implement back of house training to ensure high performing teams that flawlessly prepare all dishes and adhere to all company standards in all locations.
- Model ideal kitchen manager role and develop current and future restaurant-level kitchen managers to ensure they perform to company standards.
- Conduct forward-thinking conceptual research and analysis on the development of new and innovative culinary trends, and lead the efforts to propose new menu items and products.
- Create and develop profitable new menu items, recipes and SOPs, utilize the company process to gain approval, and implement deployment and training efforts to ensure effective and efficient introduction of new items to applicable locations.
- Propose creative culinary ideas/events, such as private chef dinners, catering events, marketing events, etc.; seek approval for; and effectively execute upon said events.
- Collaborate with the operations teams to develop sales strategies for existing and new locations.
- Define, identify, and set product selection standards for food, wares, supplies, and other applicable products, and collaborate with the purchasing department to evaluate and select vendors and suppliers.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Culinary and/or business degree preferred.
- Serve Safe certified.
- Experience as a chef in sushi and Japanese cuisine, 10+ years.
- Excellent knife skills in deboning and fileting fish such as Salmon or other similar fish.
- Experience in multi-unit management, 5+ years.
- Experienced strategic planner, 5+ years.
- Able to travel 30-40% of the time to ensure synergy throughout all locations.
- Subject matter expert in sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- Excellent food preparation and presentation skills with sushi and Japanese dishes, 10+ years.
- Comprehensive experience developing and delivering training on sushi and Japanese food, 5+ years.
- Superb ability with the sashimi knife.
- Comprehensive experience with profit & loss (P&L) statement analysis, and using P&Ls to drive for profitability, 5+ years.
- Extensive understanding of food health and sanitation standards, kitchen safety standards, and developing and implementing compliance programs, 5+ years.
- HACCP knowledge and extensive experience implementing and following plans, 5+ years.
- Comprehensive experience developing menus and recipes and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs), 5+ years.
- Advanced experience using MS Excel for financial analysis, 5+ years
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Corporate Assigned Company Vehicle.
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program.
- Discount Meal Program.
Sushi Zushi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sushi Zushi - 2 years ago