Corporate Finance NBIA Associate
Business Unit Overview
The Finance Control Office (FCO), a function of both Corporate Controllers and the Oversight & Control Group, partners with Finance, the Lines of Business and IT Control groups to create and maintain a sound control environment with the goal of preventing, identifying, escalating, measuring and timely remediation of Finance control issues. The Finance Control Office is responsible for ensuring the execution of the Firmwide control framework across the Corporate Finance businesses, understanding and assessing Firmwide Finance control issues and is responsible for managing the overall New Business Initiative Approval (NBIA) program for Corporate Finance.
The Corporate Finance (CF) NBIA Office is a newly created function within FCO, responsible for providing governance and control in managing the NBIA Program for CF. The CF NBIA Office partners with the various Corporate Finance functions and Lines of Business (LoBs) NBIA teams to provide guidance to ensure financial and regulatory financial reporting risks and controls are properly assessed and documented in the NBI assessment documents prior to the NBI being approved and launched by the LoB. The CF NBIA Office is also responsible to liaise with the CF and LoB NBIA teams to track, manage, report on the status of CF completion of NBI reviews and approvals.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for discharging the daily activities associated with the CF NBIA Office in controlling the pipeline of NBIs that CF need to review and approve as described below.
• Liaison between LoBs and Corporate Finance
• Validate that all NBIAs are reviewed by CF
• Engage all impacted Corporate Finance Groups (CFGs)
• Coordinate discussions/meetings with LoBs as needed
• Disseminate NBIA documentation (product description, risk classification , LoB Finance contacts) to CFGs for review
• Provide risk and control advice to CFGs in reviewing NBIAs as needed
• Manage CF review of NBIAs
• Monitor progress of CFGs review against target
• Provide metrics (i.e., NBIs in pipeline) to CFGs on a regular basis
• Obtain and maintain documentation to support CF review
• Communicate CF review and any conditions/open items to LoB NBIA Lead
• 3+ years of financial services experience
• 2+ years of project management and organizational skills
• Prior NBIA program experience a plus
• Working knowledge of NBIA Policy, Standards and Finance Considerations
• Strong background in Accounting, Financial Reporting or Auditing
• Strong understanding of internal controls, particularly internal controls over Financial Reporting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and an established track record of collaboration
• Accountable- upholds high standards for self, in producing and delivering high quality work
• Quick learner with the ability to identify changes to the business functions, organization and processes and assess their impact to resiliency and the control environment
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
• Excellent relationship management skills with ability to deal effectively with management at all levels
• Ability to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment
• A detail oriented problem solver with proven ability to evaluate processes, controls and issues to determine the risks
• Ability to maintain high ethical standards with a drive to achieve the right answer in difficult and/or ever changing situations
• Can work independently, within a team and is comfortable in a virtual environment
• Ability to interact with ease with various teams and levels of management
• Strong team player able to effectively partner and build relationships across different LoBs and Corporate functions
• Ability to understand when to escalate
• Attention to detail with understanding of materiality
• Willingness to learn on the job and through training courses as appropriate
• Strong desktop skills - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Notes
• Position is location neutral, although NYC area is preferred
US-NJ-Jersey City-NOC 5 - 575 Washington / 02969
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...