• Provide and accumulate accurate and timely projected financial information and related analysis and statistics for support in the strategic and tactical decision-making process.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Coordination and preparation of weekly general and administrative expense forecasts.
• Coordination and preparation of monthly actual general and administrative expenses variance analysis and explanations for presentation to senior management.
• Coordination and preparation of accrual information for benefits and labor to be provided to accounting for booking monthly and as required.
• Review and analysis of corporate cost allocations monthly.
• Coordination and preparation of information for auditors.
• Coordination and preparation of annual budgeted general and administrative expenses including reporting, analysis and upload to budget datamart as required.
• Coordination and preparation of monthly actual and annual budget schedules and analysis for headcount, labor/non-labor, insurance, benefits, and Canadian general and administrative expenses.
• Preparation of budget, forecast and actual comparisons of general and administrative expenses both monthly, quarterly and as part of the budget process.
• Monitoring of monthly accounting close and verification of results for general and administrative expenses.
• Monitoring and analyzing reports, researching variances, and providing explanations.
• Provide accurate and timely projected financial information and related statistics for support in the strategic and tactical decision-making process.
• Work closely both with intra-departmental personnel and other departments to provide and receive timely information to complete reports and processes.
• Interface with all levels of management to obtain data and information necessary to complete duties.
• Work on special projects as needed.
• Bachelors Degree in business related field, preferably Accounting or Finance.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• 3-5 years experience in accounting or financial analysis and planning.
• Extensive experience in performing detailed financial variance analysis.
• Experience in computerized accounting systems, financial modeling, budgets, operations analysis, and management reporting.
• Detailed understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial statements, and the accounting process.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Ability to work independently to understand, design, and create complex models and reports is essential.
• Must have the skills to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner in both oral and written form.
• Ability to handle, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks.
• Must possess problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions.
• Critical thinking, understand what is in the numbers and how they interrelate.
• Must exhibit professionalism and commitment to company values.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, meet deadlines, focus on attention to detail, and be committed to produce a quality product.
• Must be able to work under intense time pressure with multiple deadlines and changing priorities; ability to effectively interface with other financial personnel throughout Kinder Morgan.
• Quick to assume responsibilities; must possess strong organizational skills.
• Must be flexible and able to work overtime as required.
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...