The Corporate Healthcare Legal Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support functions for the Vice President of Legal Affairs and Compliance. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Legal Affairs and Compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Vice President of Legal Affairs and Compliance in contract vendor procedures/policy development, review and contract renewals for the company.
• Responsible for assisting with regulatory filings for the company, including Medicare, Medicaid, CLIA and State and Federal filings for all entities as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining contract vendor files.
• Responsible for maintaining reference sheets showing company tax and license identification numbers.
• Maintains legal and general files in an organized and confidential manner.
• Support and implement the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Senior Home Care.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs other additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Intermediate computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows.
• Able to communicate professionally - verbal and written
• Possess interpersonal skills sufficient to gain acceptance by others such as other professionals and coworkers.
• Exceptional customer service approach to job
• Ability to follow direction and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, some college or business school preferred, with a minimum of 3 years of prior experience preferably from a law firm or corporate healthcare entity.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal communications with minimum supervision or direction and make appropriate judgments.
• Must have excellent word processing, spreadsheet and graphic presentation skills. Minimum typing speed of 60 WPM is required. Knowledge of document scanning equipment and software helpful.
• Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer in a network server environment.
• Must have working knowledge of general office equipment: copier, fax, postage machine, etc.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and coordinate deadlines with various members of the management and office team.
Office Environment - Requires light to moderate physical exertion on a regular basis such as: lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and reaching. Carrying of light to heavy items such as books, papers, files, medical/office supplies is expected to occur frequently. Long periods of sitting in the work area. Occasional travel may be necessary.