Here at Synacor we are passionate about investing in the future of tomorrow’s workforce; we strive to provide students with the opportunity to expand their learning beyond the classroom. The Synacor experience goes beyond anything you’ve learned in a classroom. During your internship, you’ll be working on assignments in a mentoring environment that will enable you to develop your career. You’ll be given real work with actual problems to solve. As an intern, you’ll be challenged with helping our technology teams enhance our world-class products.
Due to the nature of the projects, we ask that interns work full time (5 days a week, 40 hours) for a period of 12 weeks. This is a paid internship opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide end-user support to the user community, including the diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex issues with Windows and Mac operating systems as well as other software and hardware
- Configuring and deploying PC and Mac computer equipment, including setting up machines for new employees and refreshing aging computers
- Installing and configuring hardware, software, peripherals and IP printers
- Performing routine network administrative tasks, including creating, maintaining or removing users and computer accounts in various corporate systems
- Performing adds, removes, moves and changes to Cisco VoIP telephone system
- Maintaining comprehensive inventory of all technology equipment
- Updating and maintaining internal support documentation
- Assisting with data transfers and backups
- Supporting both iOS and Android mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc
What you will need to bring to the table:
What you can expect at Synacor:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience in a hands-on support role preferred
- Support experience in a mixed Windows/Macintosh environment (Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS X, Windows Server 2003/2008) preferred
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Exchange maintenance and troubleshooting preferred
- Familiarity with using SharePoint a plus
- Previous Mac support experience a plus
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems (iOS, Android) a plus
- General understanding of networking principles a plus
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor - 11 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...