Corporate Internship: MBA Retail Leadership Development Program (Job Number: 012965) |
The MBA Retail Leadership Development Program internship offers an opportunity to work and learn with a group of innovative individuals focused on guiding the growth of the leading drugstore retailer in the US. By providing unbiased research and analysis to help develop and support our company's growth strategies, our MBA interns will be challenged to contribute to the company's bottom line from the start, lead and execute cross-functional retail-oriented projects through a variety of roles at the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise .
As a department we provide strategic recommendations for the Merchandising business. Previous MBA Interns have worked on projects in Business Development, Category Management, Mergers & Acquisition, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Sourcing . In addition, all interns have the opportunity to work with individuals throughout the company including daily interaction with the following divisions: Purchasing, Store Operations, Supply Chain and Marketing.
The MBA Retail Leadership Development Program recognizes the key lies in the skills & knowledge of our employees and assists individuals in attaining their career goals.
· Candidate must be a 1st Year MBA Student (or will graduate by 8/31/2015)
· Previous experience or interest in a related field such as Merchandising, Marketing or
Financial Analysis in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods or IRI/Nielsen.
· Experience analyzing data and evaluating results to solve problems and make strategic recommendations
· Experience communicating (both verbally and written) with internal and external clients
· Experience working with cross-functional project teams
· Strong project and time management skills; must be able to complete multiple project
responsibilities within aggressive timelines
· Experience using technical tools, such as Excel, Oracle.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
· At least 2 years of experience in strategic planning, finance, retail, or CPG industry.
· Certified Project Management Professional as granted by The Project
Management Institute (PMI).
· Experience managing a team, including assisting in the development,
training, and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...