Corporate Internship: Strategic Process Improvement (Job Number: 009546) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 7,800 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Interns experience life at Walgreens in a hands-on environment like no other. We encourage students to provide fresh ideas and a different outlook. That's why we include challenging business projects that drive department goals and objectives as part of the experience. Our goal is to help you hone your skills at one of the best-known names in healthcare and retail. Our corporate internship will not only give you a window into working at Walgreens, but also the kind of real-world knowledge that you can take with you wherever you go.
As a Pharmacy Labor and Process Improvement Intern in the Pharmacy Services division, you will be exposed to identification and implementation of continuous process improvement. You will be gain experiences in enhancing customer service, labor modeling, and expense avoidance for the retail pharmacies across the network. You will also collaborate closely with other departments within the company such as Finance, Community Management, and IT.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program with 1 to 4 semesters remaining
- Experience using verbal and written communication skills to articulate and communicate information and ideas to varying audiences and in multiple written styles (informative, narrative)
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction through work experience or coursework
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels through work experience or coursework
- Basic skills using E-mail and Internet Explorer to send, receive and organization communications
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience using analytic skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and draw conclusions
- Experience using business acumen in relating to others and solving problems
- Pharmacy experience preferred but not required
- Industrial Engineering major preferred but not required
- Experience with Project preferred
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...