Relevant Work Experience:
Career Level: Experienced
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s
Minimum Experience: at least 3 years experience in market research and consumer polling
Location: US- New York City
The Benenson Strategy Group (BSG), a Democratic political polling and market research firm, seeks to fill an Associate position in our New York office to begin immediately. In this role, you will help develop research programs and proposals, oversee the development of surveys and focus group guides, manage their fielding, develop strategic and actionable recommendations based on the results, and supervise junior staff as they turn that analysis into reports and presentations. This position represents a tremendous opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of a closely-knit research and consulting team that shapes the strategies of Fortune 500 companies, major institutions, advocacy groups and non-profit organizations, as well as major Democratic political candidates and high-ranking international leaders. Moreover, this opportunity is ideal for individuals who are eager to learn and apply the latest research and consulting methods to the corporate arena, while working in a dynamic, demanding and fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who is detail-oriented, possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, and has the ability to work effectively under tight timelines and in high pressure environments. You should be a team player and a motivated self-starter with exceptional time management skills and a strong work ethic.
Candidates may be asked to complete a written exercise.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Manage complex quantitative and qualitative projects from beginning to end.
- Supervise junior staff to create proposals, surveys, and focus groups guides.
- Analyze the results of polls and focus groups and supervise and edit the writing of memos and reports and the creation of presentations.
- Manage and teach a team of analysts who assist you and senior staff.
- Develop and execute project plans to ensure client objectives are met.
- Effectively work with clients on technical project details and revisions.
- Communicate and coordinate project specifications across the team so that projects move through their lifecycle expeditiously.
- Coordinate with the internal fieldwork team about methodology and best approaches for each project.
- Monitor all client deliverables for accuracy and relevancy.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in market research and consumer polling with hands-on experience in all phases of research projects including writing proposals, writing questionnaires, weighting and other tabulation instructions, designing focus groups guides, formulating analysis, writing strategic reports and memos, and creating presentations.
- Proven understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques.
- It is essential that candidates have strong writing and oral communication skills. Editing experience is also a plus.
- Candidates must have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in high pressure situations.
- Candidates must have experience in managing multiple projects with tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- The ability to effectively set priorities, pay sharp attention to detail, and provide direction to junior staff members.
- This position requires innovative and creative thinking and the ability to integrate and apply learning from a variety of sources.
Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
Benenson Strategy Group - 13 months ago