This position manages and evaluates the medical program's activities based on GEO’s goals, objectives, and philosophy according to NCCHC and ACA and standards and client contractual obligations. When requested, may function as a liaison between correctional officials, public agencies and GEO.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains compliance with GEO policy and reviews all policies and procedures yearly to assure their compliance with NCCHC, ACA and JC standards.
- Designates level of care to be performed in GEO facilities to include equipment needed to perform the level of care.
- Meets with healthcare providers on behalf of GEO.
- Meets with various GEO staff to discuss and advise on healthcare issues.
- Communicates with healthcare Vice President/Chief Medical Officer and Sr. Vice President regarding healthcare issues and healthcare business.
- Visits GEO healthcare facilities to provide oversight, education and training to healthcare professionals.
- Performs practitioner credentialing, peer reviews and assists with selection of practitioner hiring.
- Provides practitioner orientation, counseling and education concerning correctional practice.
- Provides facility on site chart reviews for quality improvement.
- Participates in corporate meetings, contract negotiations or client related health services issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...