Thanks for your interest! Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to begin the required online application and resume upload. The online application typically takes 5-10 minutes to complete. Here is a refresher of the position you indicated interest in:
GRIMCO was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 40 business centers across the USA, and an international sales division, focused on the Caribbean and Latin America. Our #1 Goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs and sign-making supplies.
We are proud to be voted Vendor of the Year for the 4th year in a row by our customers in both the FASTSIGNS and Signs by Tomorrow nationwide franchise networks! We have recently been named Vendor of the Year by our customers in the Signs Now franchise network, and are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing, released annually by CollegeGrad.com.
What Makes GRIMCO special?
What Separates the Good from the Great at GRIMCO:
- Were excited for our 138th year in business! We have a stable, growing company that continues to evolve with our industry.
- We promote from within - our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have GREAT team members coast to coast, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible, and work on the front lines of our business!
Determination; competitive drive; eagerness to learn all facets of our company; strong desire to provide exceptional customer service; constant preparation for future leadership; hunger to make an immediate impact on a solid growing company. This is what we seek in our Operations Team!
- Utilize various transportation provider software systems to facilitate material movement, planning, and scheduling
- Re-route freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner
- Track shipments from pick up through delivery while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, and contractual requirements
- Answer questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed
- Overview performance of third party material handling services
- Coordinate with operating department to manage inventory levels at multiple branch and plant locations
- Review inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts
- Accurately enter customer info & purchasing trends to CRM database.
- Take action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands specified in purchase orders
- Communicate with team members and corporate executives regularly
- Work closely with sales representatives, financial services team, and resolution department
STRONG PREFERENCE FOR:
- Previous Logistics/Supply Chain Management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
- Computer literate - MS Office Suite, internet navigation & order entry experience.
- Confidence & positive attitude a MUST!
- Superior interpersonal skillsable to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work hard & smartnever satisfied with the status quo. Possess high expectations of what can be accomplished by self & team.
- Ability to take direction & to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate strong sense of urgency & true commitment to customers.
- Sit & stand for extended periods; assist in distribution operations: squat, bend, kneel, lift 5-50lbs.
- Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments - must have current registration & valid license.
- Travel for customer/vendor visits & special events, training, etc.: local/regional 5%-25% of time.
New to the Sign Industry? Great! Whats the training like?
- Bachelors Degree Major/Concentration in an area of Business/Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Cumulative GPA > 3.15.
- AS400 data management system experience; CRM database experience.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills are always a plus - advanced/fluent levels.
2-3 weeks focused training time. Majority of Time Training: Products, Computer Systems, Phones/Customers, Sales/Service, Purchasing & Logistics, Web Store & Marketing, Branch Distribution & Delivery, Safety, Accounting, HR, Reports.
Split between break-out session hands-on learning environment & front-lines application of learning.
Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks & achieve goals.
Corporate Tour at one of our two Manufacturing/Distribution Plants: Art Room, Manufacturing/Production, Safety, Receiving & Distribution.
Full time salary includes training period. Travel accommodations & expenses provided per Grimco National Travel Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
Immediate opening, to start March/April, 2013. Full Time Employment Status - Eligible for Employee Benefits Package Including: Health, Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Long Term Disability, 401K, Holidays & Vacation Accrual. Base Annual Salary Range $35k - $42k.