Our Client Company, A Chemical Industry Leader, is looking to for a Process Safety Manager that will be based out of New Jersey or Chicago. We are looking for an individual with a broad-based understanding of complex chemical process technologies, mechanical and process design, process control, and process safety management systems. The candidate must be capable of identifying process hazards, evaluating the risk of those hazards, and assist in the development of effective solutions to reduce or mitigate the risks.
Successful candidate must be knowledgeable in the following area:
The PSM Manager must be capable of performing/leading the following activities:
- Recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices, including industry standards and consensus standards
- Human error reduction techniques
- Loss prevention and fire protection practices
- Relief system design
- Safety instrumented systems
- Mechanical integrity
- Process Safety Management Systems
Minimum educational and work experience includes:
- Auditing process safety systems
- Participate and/or leading HAZOP studies
- Facility siting studies
- Conducting root cause failure analysis using generally accepted techniques
- Provide specialist consulting in process safety and fire protection design
- Provide advice and recommendations on application and interpretation of internal and external standards
- Assist in the development and implementation of process safety management systems
- Develop and deliver training on process safety management and related topics
Other job requirements:
- 8 years chemical or refining experience with at least 5 years in process safety
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Trained HAZOP Leader
- Trained in leading Root Cause Analysis
- Working towards or possess a PE license
- Must have expert knowledge of U.S. and global regulations and standards with emphasis on air and waste water technologies.
- Must demonstrate skills in leadership, project management, communications, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Approximately 40% travel. Must be able to travel internationally.
- Must be capable of climbing stairs, walk for extended periods, and long distance air travel
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes applications and willing to learn specific database and web applications.
- Must be able to work in Northbrook offices.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours on occasion.
- Must be able to balance multiple job demands.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and communicate by phone and use a PC for extended periods of time.
- Must have an attention to detail and possess good organization skills.