Job Title: Corporate Planning Administrator
Job ID: 03315
Division : Strategy Implementation Dept
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Corporate Planning Administrator assists in the development of the organization's business plans, profit and growth plan and divisional plans. Assists in the development and execution of the corporate planning process and facilitates leadership sessions to translate the strategic plan into actionable operational plans. Conducts reviews of business achievements and performance versus plan. Provides portfolio management and governance for strategic opportunities, ventures, and projects. Provides project management support for cross divisional strategic studies.
- Corporate Planning Process (35%)
- Develops and executes a corporate planning and review process to support the creation of integrated divisional business plans that support the profit and growth and strategic plans. Assists in the identification of the interdependencies of divisional and department goals to the strategic and profit and growth goals.
- Ensures that the corporate planning process focuses on the alignment and effective utilization of resources to assist the organization in reaching its goals.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with business partners that enable the overall success of organizational planning and execution efforts.
- Communicates the corporate planning sequence and timeline.
- Develops and maintains standardized business planning tools and methodology to support the planning process.
- Facilitates quarterly results impact reviews to monitor divisional and organizational performance results as compared to strategic goals, measures, targets and strategies.
- Captures and analyzes planning lessons-learned and impact-review outcomes.
- Plan Creation (25%)
- Assists business division and department leaders in identifying and gathering appropriate internal data and information to support the planning process.
- Conducts external analysis of the industry and the environment focusing on areas such as industry competitors, regulatory and economic factors, and customer feedback.
- Leads planning, budget, and reporting activities for the Enterprise Strategy& Risk Alliances division.
- Portfolio Management (20%)
- Provides portfolio management and governance for strategic opportunities, ventures, and projects.
- Monitors internal and external environmental factors applicable to the portfolio including business strategies and plans, company performance measures, resources, industry regulations, and competitor activities.
- Oversees and facilitates the coordinated initiation, evaluation, prioritization, authorization, and monitoring of sub-portfolios, programs and projects within the portfolio.
- Administers the process to initiate and terminate sub-portfolios, programs, and projects to balance the project portfolio and meet portfolio funding and value targets.
- Manages dependencies, risks, opportunities, priorities, and scope as they pertain to the project portfolio. Participates in review of all in-process sub-portfolios, programs and projects to assess risk, continued value, and priority for resource allocation.
- Project Management (20%)
- Provides project management support for cross divisional strategic studies.
- Manages project scope and project integration to ensure that the various elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Manages project time and cost to ensure timely completion of projects within acceptable budget tolerances.
- Manages project communications. This includes communications planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and administrative closure.
- Manages project risk. Ensures appropriate risk identification and control. This includes risk identification, risk quantification, risk response development, and risk response control.
- Manages project's resources. This includes organizational project planning, staff acquisition, and team development.
- Leverages available project management software tools and corporate resources to help plan and manage the project.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Organizational Awareness
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Basic knowledge and understanding of insurance industry, insurance terminology, and insurance concepts.
- Demonstrated experience consulting and working effectively with senior management.
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing advanced facilitation skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of portfolio management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of operational and strategic planning
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
You can be valued for your ideas and perspectives. At American Family Insurance, our corporate mission is to be the most trusted and valued service-driven insurance company and that vision is directly supported by our commitment to diversity. We're proud that the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees lead to greater innovation and superior customer service. To learn more, please visit: www.americanfamilyinsurance.jobs
Connect with us on our Blog: www.amfamcareerblog.wordpress.com, become a fan with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/amfamcareers, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmfamCareers, or join us as a member of our LinkedIn Group: www.amfam.com/careers/linkedin. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 10 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...