In addition to owning and operating hotels, casinos and entertainment complexes, Landry’s Restaurants is one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 300 locations in 32 states. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, The Chart House, Oceanaire, Bubba Gump and Claim Jumper, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses.
Landry’s has an open position for a Corporate Planning Analyst at our Corporate Headquarters in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. We need high caliber, experienced individuals to join our organization. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to career opportunities
· The qualified candidate will maintain and develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and help review critical financial decisions.
· Assist the Corporate Planning Department, Operations Analysis Department, CFO and CEO to translate strategic options into financial models, test the scenarios and to simulate alternative options through key drivers
· Support the corporate planning process and be responsible for maintaining and developing corporate and bank models
· Create presentations for senior management, equity holders and potential investors by pulling data and relevant information together and putting in presentation form using PowerPoint.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual and long term consolidated business plans.
· Prepare updated financial forecasts on a monthly basis including sales, pre-tax earnings and earnings per share
· Monitor, aggregate, and analyze environmental, market, and competitor trends and identify business implications; identify future events/scenarios that could trigger need for strategy revisions.
· Participate in due diligence, valuation models, and strategic rationale for potential acquisition deals, conduct financial evaluation of investment / divestment projects and preparation of the appropriate schedules
· Support preparation for quarterly earnings release and earnings call preparation including comprehensive financial analysis, drafting / editing earnings release, CEO/CFO call scripts etc.
· Conduct competitor research and ad hoc analysis for senior management as needed
· The ideal candidate will have one to two years of corporate planning, strategy or related experience.
· We will also consider candidates that have two to four years of analysis experience.
· The candidate must have excellent analytical and modeling skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts such as discounted cash flow and valuation methodologies.
· Excellent written and communications skills with strict attention to detail.
· Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required.
· Ability to collect the appropriate data from different functions within the organization
· Maturity to synthesize and communicate results to senior management
· Ability to work under time pressure and to prioritize the work
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA/CPA preferred.
Landry's Restaurants - 16 months ago