A'viands Food & Services Management is seeking a hands-on and experienced Chef Manager to lead the overall food service operation at The Homestead at Rochester, a long-term care, assisted living facility located in Rochester, MN.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan, organize and supervise daily operation of food services.
- Plan menus based on such factors as market trends, customer preferences and nutritional considerations; design recipes, determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving portion for each recipe.
- Direct and coordinate the work of production, cafe and dish room staff.
- Develop menus in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Inspection of assigned units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation standards.
- Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and gourmet food items.
- Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the finished products.
- Ensure overall consistency and high quality across the various operations.
- Plan, develop and implement planning and production for room service menus, special events, and catered functions.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of menu items for special functions.
- Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and equipment.
- Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and support staff.
- Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in institutional management, nutrition, dietetics, or hotel and restaurant management, certification by a recognized culinary institution or an equivalent combination of education is preferred, but not required.
- A Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) OR food service management experience in a long-term care, assisted living facility.
- Minimum 2 years' experience coordinating food service operations preferred.
- Passion for customer relations, client relations and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary skills to include large quantity production and large volume scratch cooking.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to hospitals, senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
A’viands is a food management firm founded by William J. Benzick in 2003, providing a full range of services throughout multiple...