Job Title: Corporate Program Management Specialist
Job ID: 04767
Division : Business Integration
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are multiple positions available.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Significant experience with data-related SDLCs, BI-specific SDLCs, and Agile project methodology
- Hands-on technical experience in business intelligence, analytics, data warehousing or a related discipline.
The Corporate Program Management Specialist leads and manages programs identified as Strategic Focus Areas in the Corporate Strategic Plan. These programs are highly complex and carry significant risk in planning, dependency management, and organization impact. Integrates business project plans and teams with I/S project plans and teams to create an overarching program plan. Delivers programs on time, within budget, and in accordance to pre-defined specifications.
- Strategic Initiative Program Management (80%)
- Manages project plan integration to ensure that the various projects that comprise the program are properly coordinated. Collaborates with business and I/S project leads to develop an integrated program plan.
- Manages program scope by including all of the work required, only the work required, and by controlling scope changes (including initiation, scope planning and definition, and scope verification and change control).
- Leverages available project management software tools and divisional resources to help plan and manage the program.
- Manages program timeline and cost to ensure timely completion of program within acceptable budget tolerances.
- Identifies change control procedures and defines appropriate performance measures. Integrates cost changes within the overall change control system, evaluates cost performance and estimate at completion. This includes activity definition and sequencing, activity duration estimating, schedule development and control, resources planning, cost estimating and budgeting, and cost control.
- Manages program quality. This includes quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control. Implements quality improvements using change control processes, and makes process adjustments to ensure quality improvement efforts.
- Manages program communications. This includes communications planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and administrative closure. Conducts project performance reporting and project administrative closeout.
- Manages program risk. Ensures appropriate risk identification and control. This includes risk identification, risk quantification, risk response development, and risk response control. Provides innovative approaches to risk mitigation and risk contingency planning.
- Resource and Procurement Management (10%)
- Manages program human resources. Works with company management to negotiate resources and agree on accountabilities.
- Develops role and responsibility assignments, a staffing management plan that aligns individual and group competencies with project tasks, programs that enhance team performance, and time reporting requirements.
- Manages procurement of products or services needed for the program. Collaborates with department managers as needed during the procurement process.
- Manages the project's vendors to optimize their delivery to American Family. Integrates contract administration within the broader context of the project plan, quality control processes, and the overall project performance reporting systems.
- Project Management Support (10%)
- Follows and promotes corporate project management standards and guidelines.
- Suggests improvements to project delivery methods, tools, standards, guidelines, and curriculum.
- Shares project delivery best practices and lessons learned with the corporate project management office and project managers.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Building a Successful Team
- Decision Making
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience bringing a large, complex project at-risk to successful completion.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of company management.
- Demonstrated experience leading large complex IT projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex programs involving the integration of multiple projects across operational and technical areas.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...