The Receptionist is expected to greet, and notify the appropriate company representative about,
all office visitors including customers, vendors, and job applicants.
The Receptionist is expected to answer the main switchboard, screen and direct calls and take messages.
The incumbent is also responsible for the general appearance and related functionality of common areas, including the lobby, kitchens, mail/supply room and conference rooms and the equipment located therein.
The incumbent is also responsible for ordering, overseeing and distributing supplies for the office.
The Receptionist also manages requests for building maintenance.
- Professionally manage all incoming calls by answering them promptly and ensuring that the caller is directed appropriately.
- Greet guests in a professional, courteous and hospitable manner
- Open visitor and common areas upon arrival to office (i.e., turn on lights, deliver newspapers, organize kitchens and conference rooms, etc.).
- Manage, through the building's online system, visitor and office maintenance requests.
- Track and order general office supplies and supplies for office equipment.
- Place service calls on office equipment and monitor repair status on line.
- Serve as point of contact for office vendors.
- Log, sort and notify employees about delivered packages.
- Sort and distribute office mail and faxes.
- Oversee conference room scheduling.
- Maintain clean appearance in main common areas (e.g., lobby, kitchen, supply room and conference rooms).
- Assist with office event planning and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Solid focus on customer service
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others.
- High School diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in a professional office environment
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Travel is not required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 19 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...