Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Talent Recruiting Center at Fannie Mae is seeking a Recruiter to support the following divisions: Finance, Internal Audit and Corporate Functions. Under limited supervision, apply comprehensive knowledge of recruitment principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to planning and administering the organization's efforts to recruit new employees in a timely manner. Conduct and schedule telephone and in-person interviews, screen candidates, and recommend placement of prospective employees. Determine appropriate media to publicize availability of jobs and source qualified candidates. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management in planning staffing needs. Coordinate execution of recruitment strategy.
- Represent the company at conferences, fairs, panels, and other events targeting specific groups. Develop relationships internally and externally to ensure the company hires from a pool of diverse candidates.
- Use a variety of automated tools to publish job vacancies, recruit and screen candidates, document activity and approvals, compile interviewing schedules and feedback, and formulate employment offers.
- Work with external resources including temporary agencies, contingency and retained search firms, and job boards.
- Support management in developing best recruiting practices and procedures.
- May support the on-boarding process for new hires.
- Develop and maintain recruitment metrics.
- May complete complex recruitment projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Previous experience in both agency and corporate recruiting highly preferred.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills as well as the ability to engage and influence hiring managers and other business partners at all levels (Manager, Director and Officer).
- Previous experience sourcing and recruiting candidates in one or more of the following areas: accounting, finance, internal audit, legal, communications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high recruiting volume for multiple skill sets.
- Ability to provide value-added recruiting knowledge to hiring managers including market intelligence, interviewing best practices and offer negotiation tactics.
- Strong attention to detail and discretion required.
- Must have superior organizational and operational discipline skills.
- Previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System, preferably Taleo.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...