Responsible for carrying out full-cycle recruitment and staffing strategies for assigned business units/streams with special emphasis on a well qualified and diverse pool of candidates, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Provide a high level of customer service in partnering with the Hiring Manager and Regional Human Resources Managers (RHRMs) and the hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, recruitment processes, interviewing techniques.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain ongoing relationships with hiring managers in order to understand the business steam and its recruitment needs within the context of the company’s mission; develop and maintain a strong rapport with key leaders in the business streams; acquire substantial knowledge about the business objectives, goals, operations and work culture.
- Execute recruitment plan by aggressively recruiting for well-qualified candidates from a variety of sources, managing selection process to include, assessing candidates, screening, scheduling interviews, interviewing and recommending finalists, and filling the staffing needs within the defined behavior and performance criteria.
- Work closely with the RHRMs to facilitate effective HR relationships; advise hiring manager regarding new employee on-boarding, benefits, compensation, and payroll; provide basic benefits information to hiring managers and candidates.
- Promote Intertek at a variety of recruitment functions such as job fairs, university and college career days, and career events targeted for special populations. Collect and analyze data on demographics and hiring activity for use in designing recruitment plans.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or other related field perferred
- Requires three plus years of technical recruiting experience (engineering preferred) and working closely with hiring managers on recruiting issues in a dynamic and diverse environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated appropriate customer service attitudes and services in a variety of work settings.
- Business acumen/competence: sufficient understanding of engineering and/or relevant field.
- Demonstrated recruitment experience in handling challenging human resource/recruitment issues in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: demonstrated skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
- Flexibility: demonstrated the ability to adapt to a variety of human resource issues with successful outcomes and demonstrate openness to new ideas and approaches.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment and have demonstrated initiatives for recruiting for diversity.
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills: ability to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks. The candidate must also be able to communicate effectively through writing and oral presentations.
- IT skills related to the job. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Internet and presentation software, along with preferred prior usage of an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Taleo.
- Judgment: demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
Intertek - 19 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...